Floor 2: Impact of the Bible - Bible Now
Published: Oct 13, 2017
Posted In: Background
Floor 2: Impact of the Bible
Floor 2 of the museum, which addresses the Impact of the Bible, demonstrates the enormous influence the Bible has on nearly every aspect of life. There are four major exhibit areas:
- Bible in the World, an unprecedented look at the Bible’s impact on culture worldwide
- Bible in America, which shows guests how the Bible became a powerful influence in America, from the arrivals of the first Christian and Jewish settlers to today
- Bible Now, in which guests experience the Bible in real-time media feeds, showing its
- Bible Now is a real-time experience, a “Times Square” of streaming information coming live from the web, people, places and organizations. Bible Now is expressed through giant curving screens surrounding a central interactive exhibit space.
- Washington Revelations, which takes guests on an amazing flight through Washington, D.C., revealing the Bible’s presence in inscriptions, place names and monuments
Size and Content
Floor 2 of the museum has 27,000 square feet of exhibit space; 3,940 square feet of that space is dedicated to the Bible Now exhibits below.
- 360-Degree Panoramas: Bible Now is enveloped by three giant, curving screens. These large screens have three modes of projected content: global internet media, which consists of real-time flowing data and visuals from online media impacted by the Bible around the world; media from the results of real-time guest engagement activated through the exhibit’s interactive tables; and a grand, 360-degree panorama of a time-lapse of Jerusalem.
- Joshua Machine: A video recording station allows guests to share their personal testimonies of how the Bible has impacted them.
- Bible in Data: An interactive table driven by current data allows groups to explore the most commonly searched keywords and most shared verses by country or globally. The exhibit also includes a light map of Bible users around the globe.
- Make a Meme: An interactive table allows guests to create their own memes. Guests have creative freedom within the range of options provided by the table. Once a meme is created, it travels to the panorama screens.
- In a Word: An interactive table allows guests to answer questions about the Bible’s impact on them. A guest uses his or her finger to write an answer on the table, which will video-capture the word as it is being written. Each hand-written answer appears on the surrounding Bible Now panorama, forming an attractive collage of unique responses and handwriting.
Galleries on the Impact of the Bible floor were designed by C&G Partners, the New York-based, multi-specialty creative studio dedicated to design for culture—from cultural organizations to organizational culture. The galleries’ content was developed by C&G Partners in consultation with an international team of scholars led by Gordon Campbell, Ph.D., and Byron Johnson, Ph.D.